2.2.05

Bike to Work (part 2)

Hosted by Photobucket.com
In general, I enjoy biking and it gives me more of the good stuff than the negative reasons that all the caring people around tell me so as not to. In fact I enjoy it so much that I encourage my friends to do the same. If you need more material regarding biking, there are lots on the internet, and what they say is true!

Biking may seem dangerous but driving in the Philippines is! One just has to be defensive enough on the streets to survive the daily travel. I don't actually see this as something negative for I always have been the adventurous type. Safety doesn't become an issue. Pollution-wise, you could always buy a mask to remedy that. There's a fashionable black one that looks really cool!. If you don't like sweating in the morning before arriving to work, you could always go to work earlier so that your bike cadence is a bit slower and so you could wash up a bit before putting on that starched business attire. Luckily we don't have a dress code in the office.

Biking also gave me more time to sleep or stay up late at night because my travel time has been cut by 75%. If you live 4-6 km from work, chances are you'd be saving that much time for travelling too. If you live 7-12 km get to save travel time by 25%. If you live from 12-20 km from work, you might have the same travel time like you commuted to work with traffic, but then you don't get that endorphine rush that gets you going in the morning if you did nothing the whole trip!

Biking also makes you feel healthy since you are burning calories more! I always had a small frame but now I feel way healthier than I used to. I got to put extra muscles on my thighs and hamstrings and calves. I'm dreaming of having those powerful hard cut leg lines that Lance Armstrong has. For those who would want to save money, yes, I do save a couple of bucks here and there when I bike. It's not much since I live so near my workplace, but then it definitely saves me money from going to the gym just to get that cardio exercise. For those who bring their own car to work, you'd definitely save a lot of money from fuel, car maintenance, parking fee and towing fee! When the price of crude oil constantly escalating, biking becomes an excellent alternative. Cycling for car ownerns is also a way to lessen the volume of traffic and also helps the environment by reducing the gas emissions. You don't have to have a very expensive bike to enjoy the road. The ones they sell in the mall for 3000 bucks is enough to go around.

Right now it feels like biking is too hard a sell but one has to experience it to actually realize its value!

Anyway, this is just a short story of how biking has affected my life. Definitely in the future, if money allows, I'm seriously considering a profession in cycling. Ok I'll be realistic. Maybe a hardcore enthusiast will do. I'd probably go cross country with it! I'm talking about island hopping! Imagine all the good places to see it their beauty slowly unfolding at a pace where it can be fully appreciated!

There's still much to write but I guess this is enough for now. So I'm able to penetrate my message to you, please don't hesistate and start cycling!

By the way, always travel with a helmet no matter how short your travel may be. This bike gear would actually save all that hard work you invested for knowledge and intelligence in case you fly from the saddle!

2 Comments:

Blogger kuyajoy said...

ako gusto ko rin mag-bike...hmm...mukhang good investment...hmm...lapit lang trabaho ko eh..kaso ala akong bike...$5 parking men, or siguro i should go back to riding the bus...tsk..tsk...

1:41 AM  
Blogger punx said...

sige na! oo it's one of the best investment's that you'll make. may excercise ka na, tutulong ka pa kay mother earth, makikita mo pa ang magagandang tanawin! laki pa ng tipid mo sa gas. what are you waiting for!!!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home