5.10.04

mc arthur

Whew...


It has been eons since I visited this place. Much less wrote something to my blog. I was wondering, what the hell happened.


I guess, I'm in my writing lowdown. Maybe nothing strikes me that much. So how come I'm here now? Could it be that my load's easening up? I wish....


---


Returning to the flat (naks) in Makati from my humble abode in the mountains, my sister and I noticed a man along the South Superhighway sleeping on the sidewalk. My first reaction was, "Kawawa naman..." I was compelled to reflect on how I live my life. This man doesnt even have a mat to sleep on. Shame on the homeless who have! ... Just joking. In the apartment, I was complaining that we dont have a screened window on one side of the room and the mosquitoes always get their fill during the night. Bwisit talaga!!! But then again, how about that man on the sidewalk?


Poor highway man.

Then I was thinking why does this man live in this way. Is he really that hopeless? Can't he really live a life with more dignity? I mean, at least those people in the squatter's area have roofs (or what you make of it) over their heads. Has the highway man really lost hope? Could it be that nobody would help him?


As the person nearest to this man, I think, Im the "neighbor" that should help him. But how? It was late in the evening. Should I offer him my bed, would my landlady allow him inside? What would happen after that?


The Filipino people really lack empowerment. Who should empower them, the government, N.G.O.'s? I am really lost.

---

My thoughts are not organized.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home